Advanced Thermal Anomaly Detection Solution
Because Electric Vehicle (EV) Fires differs from Thermal Vehicle Fires
- Once triggered in a first battery cell, Thermal runaway will energize the self-sustaining and expansion of the heat to the side batteries.
- Shouting flames: are vented from pressurized battery cells, accelerating the expansion of the fire to other vehicles and infrastructure.
- Smoke, flammable gases, including dark, heavy metal charged smokes and white, toxic, highly flammable vapor generated by the electrolytes combustion.
- Higher temperatures are recorded with EV Fires (up to 2750C)
- Fire Suppression: much more difficult to extinguish, risk of re-ignition.
EV Fires have a bigger Impact, therefore increase the Risks for Assets Owners
A more complex, self-sustained, energetic fire; prone to expand faster, run longer and requiring more time and resources to extinguish.
Asset Owners / Managers are subjected to:
- Increased Human Hazards
- Substantial Infrastructures damages
- Operational & Business Continuity shut-down
TPhase EV: The Ultra-Fast Thermal Anomaly Detection Solution for EV Parkings
A dedicated implementation of the TPhase Technologies for Electric Vehicle parking infrastructure monitoring, TPhase EV features:
- A Fiber Optic as the Thermal Sensing Element
- laid out along a 2D design covering the parking slot and matching the EV battery packs locations.
- resin-coated on the ground, capturing direct thermal radiation from the battery heat source.
- detects fast and sensitive suspicious temperature increase before visible flames or smokes are emitted.
- connects to Automated Infrastructure Management Solutions and Fire Alarm Central System.
What does it mean for You ?
Early suspicious EV thermal danger detection: direct access to the heat source, minimizing the detrimental impact of surrounding environment or partial visibility.
Safety, Mitigation and Implementation plans earlier kick-off
Localization of the heat source to facilitate the intervention
Substantial Reduction of Human Hazards, Infrastructure damages, Operational & Business Continuity shut-down